A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CGHS - Academic Advisor
at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
The ATSU College of Graduate Health Studies announces an academic advisor position to be located on our Mesa, AZ campus. The academic advisor reports directly to the online operations manager and will assist matriculated students as they progress through their degree program/certificate maintaining high quality customer service to ensure retention goals are met. Major job duties for this position include:
- Communicate with students utilizing the CGHS advisor communication plan.
- Advise students on policies, procedures, degree requirements, and related academic matters.
- Serve as primary guide for students, ensuring that they remain on track to complete their educational goals.
- Build relationships with CGHS students through frequent phone, email, video and/or in-person contacts.
- Properly document all student contacts.
- Track student progress through student database tools (CampusVue, Excel, etc.)
- Monitor and provide proactive outreach to all advisees
- Connect students with appropriate academic and support services when needs are identified or anticipated.
Skill / Requirements
Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong relational, self-motivational, analytical, and goal-oriented skill-set.
- Strong computer proficiency and ability to learn and work effectively with various software programs.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a professional, collaborative, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Strong customer service mentality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with alacrity, work independently without close supervision, and ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- A four year college degree in business, marketing, education, communication or related fields is preferred