A New Leaf
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Clinician - West Valley
at A New Leaf
A New Leaf's West Valley Community Behavioral Health Services (WVCBHS) program is a community-based Center in western Maricopa County providing confidential services for children, youth and their families. The program is meant to provide professional behavioral health care to children and youth from low-income households that are facing profound challenges. Counseling, case management, medication management and support services are provided for those eligible under Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care (MMIC) contract. Nearly 100% of children served come from households at or below the Federal Poverty Level.
WVCBHS is seeking a full time, Clinician to work Monday – Friday, days with some evening availability.
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Provide individual, group and/or family counseling in office or in-home setting.
- Provide initial assessments. Develop individualized service, crisis and safety plans.
- Evaluate and continually monitor client/family progress in meeting goals and anticipated outcomes.
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and A New Leaf policy and procedures. Update complete staffing notes for multi-disciplinary clinical team reviews.
- Directly responsible to Clinical Supervisor for administrative and clinical issues regarding admission, discharge and utilization management issues.
- Use ADHS Practice Guidelines and best practices when designing and implementing Child and Family Team or other collaborative base model.
- Responsible for meeting target encounter values as defined by Clinical Leadership. Must ensure compliance in service delivery expectations as defined by the payor contract.
- Provide Clinical expertise to Child and Family Team or other collaborative base model and serve as a point of contact and communication while working
- Receive clinical supervision as required by state law and A New Leaf policy and procedures.
Skill / Requirements
Master’s degree in behavioral health related field required; Associate or Independent license with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health (LAC, LPC, LMSW, LCSW, LAMFT, LMFT, etc.) preferred; Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, a clean 39 month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance. Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must possess knowledge and understanding of standard office equipment, be proficient with personal computers and applicable software programs. Effectively communicate (verbal and written).
Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those candidates with the experience and qualifications that correspond to our requirements may be contacted by a member of our hiring department. Please wait to hear from us; do not call the Human Resources Department to check on the status of your application. NO PHONE CALLS. No Third Party or Temp Agencies.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of driving records, employment, education, and criminal background search. A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participa en el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.