Job: Ultrasound Technol - OB
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Support Services
Posted Date: 4/19/2012
Category: Medical Imaging Technologists - Positions
Department: 5555 W Thunderbird Rd
Position Type: Full-Time-FA
Shift Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm Mon-Fri, except Wed. 11:am-7:30pm
Hours Per Week: 40
Internal Code A: COREHTF
New Grad: No
Internal Code B: ..
About Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
At Banner Thunderbird Medical Center, innovative technology and compassionate caring create a unique healing environment. Within our nonprofit, 563-bed acute-care hospital, we offer an array of vital adult and pediatric services to more than 200,000 residents each year, including cardiology, surgery services, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, NICU, neurosurgery and comprehensive women and infants services. We are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals, are certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and feature a 35-bed Level III NICU that provides for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. In addition, the completion of our new patient care tower adds 188 beds to our facilities as we continue to serve as a major referral center for the northwest Phoenix area. From our robotic surgery and iCARE intensive care technology to our recently enhanced emergency department, we're committed to putting the most sophisticated clinical tools in the hands of the most dedicated healthcare professionals. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
*Why Banner Health?
*Banner Health Benefits
*Banner Health Careers
This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
* Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
* Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
* Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
* Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
* Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
* Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited school of Radiologic/Ultrasound Technology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or equivalent if applicable and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty, RVT/RCS/RDCS or equivalent for Cardiac/Vascular, required within 18 months of hire if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1-2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as an Ultrasound Technologist in the specialty area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Please submit resume online below.