Job: Senior Marketing Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Arizona State Credit Union
SUMMARY: Develops, manages and maintains assigned marketing campaigns and communications including advertising, direct mail materials, newsletters, web content, plasma screens, online communications, on-hold messages, articles, collateral, training materials, annual reports, on-hold messages and other related informative and promotional materials that meet program objectives by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assumes lead role in campaign management and guides marketing team in determining the strongest campaign message.
- Creates effective strategies and concepts on assigned projects and presents overview for review with Marketing Manager.
- Prepares complex internal and external communications materials/activities to promote and support the marketing plan and business goals.
- Writes preliminary copy draft in established format to meet specified deadlines and reviews with manager to ensure adherence to strategic focus and tone. Presents copy to manager for approval, negotiates changes, and corrects and revises copy until approved.
- Takes creative lead with design vendors and manages relationships with all external vendors to develop and produce communication deliverables.
- Develops and coordinates communication and creative for all forms of electronic marketing including web site, e-mails, on-line banking, on-hold messages, statement messages and plasma screens as well as print marketing including direct mail, newsprint, collateral, newsletters and signage.
- Researches articles, reports, reviews, product/services, and other material as assigned by manager.
- Interviews individuals, attends meetings, and researches printed and online resources to obtain information and data for publication, verify facts, and clarify information. Consults with internal customers to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of copy.
- Assists in writing presentations, speeches and gathering background information for management. May compile briefing materials for management as directed.
- Creates and develops power point presentations and assists with a variety of graphic design projects as needed.
- Maintains detailed notes and records of projects for compliance review.
- Reviews advertising trends, member surveys, and other data regarding marketing of specific products and services to formulate presentation approach.
- Develops disclosures and ensures compliance with credit union policies as well as federal and state rules and regulations.
- Assists in organizing special events.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all types of accounts, rates and services offered.
Skills / Requirements
Member Service - Manages difficult or emotional member situations; Responds promptly to member needs; Solicits member feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field; two to five years experience in marketing, advertising, copywriting and/or communications with a minimum of at least one year of financial institution experience. Previous experience writing company and/or customer newsletters. Excellent written communication skills required; proficient in MS Office Suite and graphics software (Adobe).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, and members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Publishing software, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and Graphics software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.