Job: Senior IT Auditor
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Insight
Browse Similar Jobs: Accounting/Auditing
Title: Senior IT Auditor
Location: Tempe, AZ
Other Locations: *Not Applicable*
# of openings: 1 Description
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Conducts audits by establishing and executing project work plans to assess effectiveness of IT controls by performing the duties noted below. These audits will be performed for Insight Enterprises, Inc. and subsidiaries.
* Evaluates and analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, process inefficiencies, fraud or lack of compliance with or improvements in management policies and procedures while maintaining an independent and objective perspective.
* Coordinates and performs testing procedures to support management's assessment of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Coordinates, assists, and liaises with external auditors and management as part of the SOX 404 process.
* Assists Audit Manager in performing Annual Risk assessment to ensure information technology risks have been addressed adequately.
* Coordinates and performs internal audit planning, work program design, execution of test procedures and audit reporting on IT and integrated audits.
* Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships while maintaining a day-to-day team-oriented attitude and approach
* Establishes procedures, schedules, and programs for achieving audit objectives and personal and departmental goals.
* Collects and arranges audit support in an organized and logical fashion to substantiate audit findings.
* Serve as an independent and objective point of contact for the business guidance
* Ensures recommendations are clearly communicated and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is promptly issued.
* Demonstrates proactive approach while taking responsibility of making well-informed decisions to meet identified audit objectives
* Serve as a role model and mentor for staff auditors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in CIS, MIS, computer science or related field.
Minimum of three years of IT audit experience and / or combination of IT audit with IT industry experience, including assessment of technology risks and controls, broad exposure to infrastructure disciplines such as networking, operating systems and hardware administration, as well as application development lifecycles, application security, network security, quality assurance and code deployment practices.
Two years experience in an SAPand/or MS-Dynamics environment preferred.
Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and UNIX environment.
CISA, CIA, or other relevant certification(s) desired, not required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Person must demonstrate understanding of audit methodology and applying related techniques, infrastructure disciplines and SAP experience; change management skills and project management expertise; ability to understand business process, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards; ability to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risk, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.; ability to assess control deficiencies; ability to summarize findings and convey business and technology risks on controversial or complex topics to top management; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, Insight's internal audit staff and the external auditors.
Familiarity with management's assessment of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and the Sarbanes Oxley Act a plus.
Requires strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, demonstrated analytical experience, strong problem solving, continuous improvement and personal computer skills.
Ability to effectively present information to Audit Manager and Audit Director. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents and perform well in deadline-oriented environment. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and/or persuasive presentations.
Demonstrate desire for continuous learning with accurate application of that knowledge in the evaluation of complicated business processes.
Up to 30% travel is expected, domestic and international.
Any Other Certificates, Licenses, Registration
CIA, CISA, or other relevant certification desirable.
Specific Training Timeline and Requirements
Maintains up to date knowledge of software and hardware technologies, planning, design, and analysis methodologies, and a broad knowledge of internal systems.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). M/F/D/V