Job: Medical Staff Coordinator
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance
Location: US-AZ-Sun City
Posted Date: 6/27/2012
Category: Clerical/Administrative/ Business Support - Positions
Department: 10401 W. Thunderbird Blvd
Position Type: Full-Time-FA
Shift Hours: ..
Hours Per Week: ..
Internal Code A: ..
New Grad: No
Internal Code B: ..
About Banner Boswell Medical Center
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix, Ariz. Today, our 430-bed acute-care hospital is committed to innovation and community-focused caring. We are nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters, the only hospital in Arizona to receive the 2012 honor. Banner Boswell is also one of only twelve 100 Top Hospitals Everest Award winners. To receive the Everest Award, a hospital must be ranked among the top 100 and have delivered the greatest rate of improvement over five years. We earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers, and we're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications. Boswell offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders.
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we're all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we're one of the nation's most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We've achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
*Why Banner Health?
*Banner Health Benefits
*Banner Health Careers
Medical Staff Services
The Medical Staff Services Department is a team of highly engaged individuals who support the Medical Staff of over 700 physicians and 150 Allied Health practitioners.& nbsp; The MSS Team is committed to creating innovative strategies and programs to efficiently and effectively support the Medical Staff in achieving their goal of providing safe, compassionate care to our patients and the community we serve in a collaborative environment where every member of the team is valued and recognized for their contributions.
This position provides highly skilled support via liaison representation to committees, medical staff departments, physicians, and other hospital personnel under moderate supervision.
Coordinates all aspects of assigned medical staff committees including compiling agenda material, accurately documenting minutes, compiling follow-up memos and letters, researching and preparing information for chairs, and providing professional assistance to various chairmen regarding privileging, credentialing, reappointment, and medical staff rules and regulations as outlined in the medical staff bylaws.
* In consultation with the director, provides administrative support for hearing committees. Serves as a resource for medical staff members regarding medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, hospital and medical staff policies, regulatory requirements and parliamentary procedure. Assists in drafting correspondence ensuring compliance with established bylaws, rules and regulations. May coordinate GME and/or CME functions and processes.
* Under direction, liaises between medical staff and administration, communicating sensitive and confidential issues including peer review. Interacts directly with a variety of internal and external customers. Uses judgment and discretion to maintain peer review protection to hospital and medical staff.
* Understands and maintains an accurate, secure and updated database of physician and allied health information to query on basic demographic profiles including but not limited to staff privileges and status for other hospital departments and facilities requiring this information. Uses various internal databases to gather and analyze physician and allied health data used in the reappointment, peer review and quality improvement processes of the medical staff and board of directors.
* Coordinates processing of all aspects of physician and allied health credentialing and reappointment processes within appropriate timeframes ensuring the quality of the practitioners providing patient care. Assures the completeness and accurateness of the credentialing process. Requests additional information from external medical if necessary. May obtain and log expired credentials on a monthly basis according to rules and policies. Monitors the progress of physicians through the supervision period, assisting department chairs with the appropriate procedures, forms and time limits.
* Collects and compiles data for physician and allied health quality profiles to analyze practice patterns using data to determine performance. This includes working with senior staff, department chairmen, quality staff, and other hospital staff to identify sources of data and methods of presenting and analyzing data.
* Manages the preparation, distribution and maintenance of the physician emergency department call schedules.
Must possess strong knowledge of medical office administration as normally obtained through 1-2 years experience in a healthcare, paralegal, managed care or credentialing. Requires knowledge of medical terminology and professional physician interface. Requires experience interacting with physicians in highly sensitive situations. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires astute judgment in human relations skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with medical staff, administrators, legal counsel and hospital personnel.
Requires the ability to work with common office software and equipment.
Two years of college education is preferred. National Certification as a Medical Staff Services Professional is preferred. Knowledge of medical staff computer software programs is desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Please submit resume online below.