This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Support engineering team by providing practical mechanical shop skills using manual and CNC mill, lathe, grinder, sander, and other machines to fabricate precision parts for use in battery assembly pilot operations. Provide assistance to engineering personnel during the assembly, debug, testing, and troubleshooting of cell assembly and other machine operations and to successfully complete projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates all normal machine shop tools and fabricates parts as required (including jigs, fixtures, etc) with safety, precision, accuracy and workmanship in a timely fashion for prototype machinery, pilot operations and limited production machinery.
- Inspect parts to specification utilizing various methods including, but not limited to: surface plates, gage blocks, gage blocks, dial indicators, height gages, inside micrometers, and calipers.
- Reviews part performance on whether design meets functional and performance specifications; recommends alterations if required.
- Set up and operate machines and equipment other than machine tools such as resistance welders, ultrasonic welders, and instrumentation equipment.
- Read mechanical drawing or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations. Where these parameters are not specified, must be able to determine proper feed rates, cutting speeds, depths of cut, etc. for the material specified.
- Work closely with engineering personnel to develop and assemble prototype equipment and test performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Machining or related field with at least 5 years directly related experience with mechanical drawing reading, mechanical and machine shop equipment required; formal training in machining skills a plus. Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel) for data compilation and generating reports also required. Working knowledge of SolidWorks, CAMWorks, and GD&T (ASME Y14.5) also highly desired. Experience with CMM a plus.
Ability to speak and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors and employees based on the assumption that such individuals can only speak and understand English.
Consistent with trade skills.
Problem solving for trade skills, automation equipment for debug, machine build and setup.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificates for trades a plus.
Must be a hands-on type able to perform all physical demands, walking, stooping, climbing, and lifting at least 40 pounds unassisted with good hearing and vision.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in most areas of the company’s facilities including areas where the use of personal protective equipment is required and in close proximity to operating production equipment.
Regular full-time position with full benefits; medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).
SION POWER CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M//F/D/V.