Job: Lobby Grill - Line Cook 3 (full-time)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Arizona Grand Resort
Lobby Grill - Line Cook 3 (full-time)
Job Code: 3124
Position Type: Hourly Position
Job Category: Food & Beverage
Employment Duration: Full time
Pay Range: 11.00
Bonus Eligibility: No
Relocation Availablity: No Description
The Arizona Grand Resort vows to be much more than a place to stay. It is a destination full of unique touches and stunning perspectives that make every Arizona visit feel naturally grand. As the only all-suite hotel nestled beside a mountain preserve in Phoenix, our guests do not simply see the beautiful scenery of one of the world's largest city parks. A stay at Arizona Grand allows all who come, the chance to experience Arizona's most naturally beautiful places via all five senses at once. The palm trees in our logo symbolize the refreshing oasis that Arizona Grand offers visitors to the Southwest.
Independently owned and operated, the resort proudly boasts the friendliest staff in Arizona. We work hard to make sure we exceed guests' expectations on a daily basis. Whether they want to play golf on a challenging course or make waves at our water park, if they have a business event or need a respite from the everyday, they'll be warmly welcomed and leave feeling well cared for at the Arizona Grand.
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook is responsible for garnishing and finishing all food items received through hot and cold windows, coordinating and setting up food for wait staff pick-up. Prep all food items needed to complete service using procedures and guidelines set forth by management staff.
* Prepare all food items according to standard recipes, or as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guests
* Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, and meats in the preparation of menu items.
* Check and control the proper storage of product, especially produce
* Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
* Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
* Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
High School Graduate preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: food preparation experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of the fundamentals of food preparation
* Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
* Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
* Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
* Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
* Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
* Knowledgeable of potentially hazardous foods and their specific Danger Zones.
* Behaves ethically
* Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with guests, interpret event documents, and conduct employee meetings
* Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
* This is a non-exempt position. Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at the Arizona Grand Resort.
The Arizona Grand Resort's leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at the Arizona Grand Resort, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our friendly, creative, and energetic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
Skills / Requirements
(602) 431-6165 fax