Job: Prevention Specialist - Safford, AZ
Job Status: Full Time
Primary Function: Implement/oversee a variety of programs designed to work with targeted populations and with community, family and school efforts in multiple setting using a variety of prevention strategies. May also supervise volunteers, staff and have direct line reporting.
- Participates in/or implements community mobilization efforts.
- Works in conjunction with community and school prevention/early intervention efforts.
- Work with the community in their implementation of targeted trainings training for identified populations.
- Complete required paperwork and documentation as needed in a timely manner.
- Attend staff meetings and supervising sessions
- Utilize effective community development and prevention strategies.
- Work in new and existing community services to integrate SEABHS Prevention efforts.
- Participate in the identification gaps in services and prevention needs and utilize outcomes in programming.
- Participate with financial planning efforts and departmental strategic planning efforts.
- Responsible to implementation and programmatic evaluation efforts.
- Provide oversight, training and day to day management for designated staff.
- Work with designated fund sources and/or regional entities to implement services and provide program deliverables.
- Works with the grants management staff on resource development and require deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates OR High School Diploma and two (2) years experience with youth. Must become CPR, First Aid certified. Must become fingerprint certified in accordance with Arizona Department of Public Safety requirements. Member of Arizonans for Prevention (AZFP) and CADCA.
- Frequent long, irregular hours
- Use a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone up to five hours a day.
- Occasional reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching
- Frequent standing or moving throughout facility
- Infrequent moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)