Job: Nurse Practitioner - Tucson, Sierra Vista, Benson, and Safford AZ
View On Map
- 611 W. Union St, Benson, AZ 85602
- 4755 Campus Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
- 996 N. Broad St, Globe, AZ 85501
- 1615 S. 1st Avenue, Safford, AZ 85546
- 1430 E. Ft. Lowell, Tucson, AZ 85719
Job Status: Full Time
Under the immediate supervision of the Medical Director, provides medical direction and oversight for all child & adolescent SEABHS clinical functions; develops and supervises child & adolescent psychiatric services as outlined in the Program Statement; provides child & adolescent clinical and administrative supervision to all organization psychiatrists and nursing staff, ensures continuing delivery of quality child & adolescent psychiatric and medical services conforming to all agency Quality Assurance Guidelines and to applicable state, federal, JCAHO and professional standards.
- Provides physical and psychiatric evaluations, as assigned, and with the parameters of Nurse Practitioner Act.
- Establishes diagnosis within the parameters of Nurse Practitioner Act.
- Orders, performs and interprets laboratory and other diagnostic tests within the parameters of Nurse Practitioner Act.
- Prescribes, dispenses, and monitors medication in accordance with the provisions of an Arizona Nurse Practitioner Certification.
- Provides ongoing psychiatric care for inpatient/outpatient clients, as assigned.
- Signs individual service plans and medication plans, as assigned.
- Provides on call coverage, as assigned.
- Complies with peer review requirements and expectations.
- Provides leadership in health promotion within SEABHS.
- Provides physical exams to staff required to have exams for the work environment.
- Approves and signs treatment plans within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participates in clinical teams.
- See Working Conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master of Science in Nursing Degree from an accredited University and the completion of a Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Program. Must be able to demonstrate the possession of a current Arizona License and two years professional work experience in a psychiatric setting.
- Use a Personal Computer of telephone up to five hours a day
- Frequent and/or prolonged travel
- Occasional reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching
- Frequent standing or moving throughout facility
- Infrequent physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)