Job: Maintenance Technician - Sierra Vista, AZ
Job Status: Full Time
Primary Function: Responsible for performing a variety of general facility and equipment maintenance duties. Position may require flexible scheduling to provide on-call coverage for 24/7 facilities in Sierra Vista only.
- Become CPI, CPR and First Aid certified within thirty (30) days of hire (required if providing back-up coverage for housing units).
- Ensures strict confidentiality and protection of client rights.
- Complete Application of Ethics, Confidentiality and Boundaries Training.
- Presents a professional image to clients and the community.
- Provides on-call coverage according to rotation schedule. (Response to pager no greater than 30 minutes).
- Provides interior and exterior custodial services.
- Move equipment/furniture as directed.
- Keep inventory of equipment in storage.
- Stock cleaning supplies and monitors utilization.
- Provide general building maintenance and repair.
- Basic operation of site security system.
- Conducts scheduled maintenance tasks
- Completes work order requests or refers to Maintenance Coordinator for outsourcing approval.
- Communicates and coordinate building/fleet vehicles repairs and upkeep with Maintenance Coordinator/ Clinic Director (i.e. oil changes, new tires, etc.) prior to utilizing outside vendors.
- Conduct pre-checks of maintenance and safety of fleet vehicles.
- Works with Clinic Director in coordination and distribution of keys issued to employees at assigned facilities.
- Maintains MSDS site logs.
- Pick-up and dispose of shred materials.
- Provide vehicle safety training to new staff, training includes handicap lifts and emergency kits and compliance with ADOT requirements.
- Attend Maintenance and EOC meetings and carries out area specific objectives.
- Performs monthly inspections of safety equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Two (2) years general facility and maintenance repair experience.
- Uses a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone up to five hours a day
- Frequent long, irregular hours
- Frequent and/or prolonged travel
- Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching
- Frequent standing or moving throughout facility
- Frequent moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle