Job: Health & Wellness Coach - Sierra Vista, AZ
Job Status: Full Time
The primary purpose of this position is to education, motivate, and provide leadership, to assist member-clients in establishing and reaching their fitness/wellness goals. Integrating use of the gym as part of a client's wellness plan to foster growth for both their mental/behavioral and physical well-being. The personal trainer contributes to the overall success of the Fitness Center by embodying their knowledge and fitness experience to each client.
- Provides guidance in proper exercise technique and variations of exercises to meet goals
- Assists member-clients in establishing effective fitness/wellness goals and develops the most effective training plan to achieve those goals
- Offers accurate and up-to-date information and advice on fitness
- Motivates clients and serves as a training partner
- Maintains a safe and clean exercise environment
- Follows all quality assurance and other policies and procedures of the Fitness Center
- Maintains all required certifications
- Adjust schedule as needed to accommodate the needs of new existing member-clients; current available hours require afternoons, and evening
High School Diploma/GED. One (1) year of documented experience (preferably working with individuals with disabilities in a gym like setting). Peer Support certification preferred.
- Job requires standing for long periods of time and demonstration of proper exercise technique
- Ability and the physical ability to move up to 75 pounds.