Job: IT Security Analyst (Malware Analyst)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Salt River Project
Phoenix-based SRP, the nation's third-largest public power and water utility, is recruiting an IT Security Malware Analyst for its Enterprise IT Security Department.
SRP's Security Operations Center (SOC) is a secure, highly available environment staffed by Enterprise IT Security Analysts. The analysts monitor the health, status, and availability of security devices. In addition, they run vulnerability scans, manage and monitor Network Intrusion Detection (NID), respond to anomalistic events and manage crisis/incident response. The analysts are the cornerstone of SRP's incident response and proactive threat detection capabilities.
* Candidates must have strong understanding of incident response methodologies and technologies.
* SOC Analysts will be involved in process improvements and identifying opportunities for new processes and procedures, as well as, managing small projects to identify new solutions to improve SOC's detections and response capabilities.
* Perform detailed computer forensic analysis in support of IT Security incidents
Technical Skill Required:
- Experience in building sandbox/test lab environments to evaluate malicious code.
- Ability to perform high and low level Malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Experience performing IT threat intelligence gathering and analysis
- Knowledge of IA-32/IA-64 and C/C++ highly desirable
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Individual must have hands-on proficiency in at least four of the following areas:
* Experience in the administration of Windows NT systems and/or UNIX systems
* Proficiency with SNORT/SourceFire NID implementations
* Experience in reviewing and analyzing tcpdump files
Strong scripting skills a plus (e.g., PERL, shell scripting)
* Experience performing security reviews/vulnerability risk assessments of network environments using both manual procedures and automated analysis tools
* Possess a solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, security architecture, and remote access security techniques/products
* Experience with enterprise anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management, and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns
* Minimum 3 years experience in NID monitoring and response and/or Reverse Engineering malware experience
* Strong network architecture background required
* Strong research background and an analytical approach, especially with respect to event classification, event correlation, and root cause analysis
* Willingness to serve as a member of an Incident Response Team (IRT) and respond to emergency calls during non-business hours, as needed
* Ensure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of SOC data sources
* Experience driving vendors and co-sourcing partners to successfully resolve problems
* Candidate must be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
* Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
* Highly motivated individual with the ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task
* Participate in on-call rotation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Senior Computer Analyst, Salary Grade 54:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science plus five years of experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in related field appropriate for the assignment plus six years of experience.
Computer Analyst, Salary Grade 52:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science plus two years of experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in related field appropriate for the assignment plus three years of experience.
Associate Computer Analyst, Salary Grade 51:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science; or a Bachelor's Degree in related field appropriate for the assignment plus one year of experience.
IT Security Certifications preferred
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
EOE - We encourage workforce diversity