Job: Full-Time Teachers for Online High School (SPED, Science, Math and English)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Primavera Online Schools has been providing the highest quality education since 2001. It is our philosophy to provide every high school student an accredited, structured, and personalized education in a virtual environment. Members of the Primavera team are committed to student success through our rigorous and relevant curriculum, supportive staff, and interactive technology.
In order to personalize the education of our students in the virtual environment, Primavera is seeking candidates who will motivate students through their passion and enthusiasm for teaching. An ideal candidate will have effective verbal and written communication, organizational skills, technological literacy, and a strong drive to succeed. Instructors facilitate student learning through the online classroom and ensure that students successfully complete courses.
We are currently hiring Full-Time Certified Teachers to work in our Chandler Office for the following subject areas:
Special Education - Cross Categorical Certified
Additionally, we are hiring half-Time Certified Teachers to work in our Chandler Office (4 hours/day) for the following subject areas:
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Highly Qualified in content area
* Bachelor's Degree
* Arizona Teacher Certificate
* Teaching experience at the secondary education level
* Minimum of at least two years of verified full-time experience as a high school instructor.
Skills / Requirements
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
* Ability to learn POHS Student Management System, and all other technology systems being used by the instruction department
* Ability to establish work priorities and work independently without supervision
* Ability to handle and resolve challenges
* Strong communication skills
* Time management and organizational skills
* Ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, staff and the general public
* Ability to maintain professional confidentiality
* Strong attention to detail
* Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* Ability to motivate students and parents toward achieving good academic standing
* Analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills
* Ability to keep and maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
* Ability to understand and follow directions
* Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
* Ability to work under pressure; pay attention to detail; meet deadlines; deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure
* Provide communication to students and parents on a weekly basis via phone and message
* Grade student work within 24-48 hours of being submitted
* Evaluate student work by providing written comments on all submitted assignments
* Post blogs in each course that motivates the students to participate in the daily lesson and build community
* Manage the discussion board in each class to encourage participation and learning in the online classroom
* Meet weekly expectations as outlined in teacher training
* Participate in professional development and departmental meetings, as scheduled
* Assist with AIMS testing administration, as directed
* Work full-time M-F in our Chandler office.
* Attend Professional Development sessions.
Please forward electronic/photocopies of the following to email@example.com:
* Arizona Teaching Certificate
* Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card
* SEI completion (Part 1 & Part 2)
* 2 letters of recommendation
* Unofficial transcripts
* Employment Application (http://imgsg.jobing.com/company/documents/Primavera%20Employment%20Application%20Certified%20Personnal.pdf)
Applications are considered complete when accompanied with all supporting documents.
There are no jobs currently listed.