Job: Dairy Delivery Driver
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Shamrock Foods Company - Phoenix
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO WORK OVERNIGHT SHIFTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS
Drives truck over established route to deliver products and render services. Routes are primarily within Phoenix Metropolitan Area but not limited too: may be subject to layovers deliveries nearby surrounding areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Drives tractor trailer or truck to deliver full line of dairy products and frozen products to pre determined customers on a pre determined route.
· Unloads product from delivery equipment, delivers product, and checks product in with customer representative.
· Listens to and assists in resolving service complaints. Places stock in proper temperature zones.
· Rotates and stocks product as needed and/or required.
· Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
· Communicates with dispatch, supervisors and other drivers to ensure safe and on time arrivals at destinations.
· Checks refer to settings to maintain product integrity (dairy and ice cream.
· Obtains customer signature on receipt for delivery.
· Collects or picks-up empty containers and/or rejected or unsold merchandise.
· Informs regular customers of new products or services.
· Cleans inside of truck.
· Performs daily routine vehicle condition report on truck and/or trailer.
· Performs frequent temperature checks to ensure product integrity.
· Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which is written in English. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to appropriately respond to these and, where needed, provide reports, presentations, information or communications in English.
The ability to exhibit and work effectively within the Shamrock Foods culture. that is based on the following traits:
and open and honest communication between owners, managers, and associates
The candidate must reside in or be willing to move to assigned territory.
Skills / Requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail experience in grocery industry is preferred.
The candidate must be at least 21 years of age. Must have a clean driving record for past 39 months
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid Arizona commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be able to use a two-wheeler hand truck.
· Hand-held electronic data entry device skills helpful.
· Strong communication skills
· Commitment to excellent customer service.
· Demonstrated team player abilities.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to complete required paperwork for Shamrock and DOT.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects/merchandise; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to climb in and out of the trailer/bobtail. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 350+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the sites of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
Will be climbing in/out of truck and trailer. Will deliver and stack groceries according to established instructions per account.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Normal Hours of Work:
Hours Vary: Must be flexible and willing to work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Shamrock Foods is an EEO/AA Employer committed to a Drug and Alcohol Free Work Environment