Job: Biomed Tech III
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - Support Services
Location: US-AZ-Sun City
Posted Date: 6/14/2012
Category: Support Services - Positions
Position Type: Full-Time-FA
Shift Hours: ..
Hours Per Week: ..
Internal Code A: ..
New Grad: No
Internal Code B: CRITICND
About Banner Boswell Medical Center
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix, Ariz. Today, our 430-bed acute-care hospital is committed to innovation and community-focused caring. We are nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters, the only hospital in Arizona to receive the 2012 honor. Banner Boswell is also one of only twelve 100 Top Hospitals Everest Award winners. To receive the Everest Award, a hospital must be ranked among the top 100 and have delivered the greatest rate of improvement over five years. We earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers, and we're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications. Boswell offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders.
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we're all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we're one of the nation's most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We've achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
*Why Banner Health?
*Banner Health Benefits
*Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for independently implementing preventive maintenance, electrical safety and performance verification, and bench and field service repairs on most medical electronic equipment. Assists in and occasionally coordinates equipment installations/project work with supervisory technicians. Participates in training lower level technicians. Provides inservicing to clinical staff on most medical equipment.
Assists with and may coordinate equipment installations and project work involving patient care and medical communications technology, and clinical application networks. Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards, and manufacturer's recommendations.
* Installs, repairs, and calibrates a wide variety of complex patient care equipment, medical communications equipment, PCs, and clinical applications networks to board/module level and occasionally component level through an understanding of electronics theory and applications and fundamentals of LAN networking. Reads detailed electronic schematics. Troubleshoots equipment, instrumentation, and systems utilizing applicable test equipment.
* Performs scheduled/preventive maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and quality assurance on all patient care equipment in a timely manner consistent with regulatory standards. Monitors and oversees the work of external contractors/vendors engaged in repair work.
* Provides customer relations and resolves equipment service problems by ensuring that clinical capability is restored as quickly as possible. Maintains communication with customers regarding the status of equipment repairs. Proactively solves technology issues when appropriate. Coordinates/schedules service (self, vendor and, when appropriate, other technicians) via management of customer expectations. Performs device investigations related to regulations and/or incident reporting.
* Identifies the need for patient care equipment education and provides user (physician, nursing, other allied health staff) education on medical equipment.
* Trains field technicians with less expertise in preventative maintenance and repair of medical equipment, and service delivery methods.
* Provides direct marketing and sales support to Technology Management internal and external customers.
* Documents all work performed, maintains parts, supplies, tools, test equipment and technical literature by completing service reports and supplemental productivity documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains an accurate and current parts inventory. Assists manager in maintaining a comprehensive library of technical literature.
Must possess a strong knowledge of electronics as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate's degree in electronics or equivalent training and 7 years progressively responsible work experience in all phases of biomedical instrumentation installation, repair, and maintenance.
Must posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be proficient at reading and analyzing schematic diagrams, including analog and digital circuits and possess a working knowledge of electrical and electronic fundamentals, including DC and AC circuits, semiconductor theory, digital circuit theory and microprocessor theory. Must also be proficient in Windows PC and network operating systems, PC repair, and have fundamental knowledge in Local Area Network configuration and troubleshooting. Must be knowledgeable in JCAHO standards for the Environment of Care. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills.
Certification by the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Please submit resume online below.